A corner store 400km north of Perth, and 25km south of Geraldton, Western Australia.
Good Gray’s Store was completed in 1861. The simple rectangular limestone building was constructed by Henry Gray using convict labour and comprises a two storey section and an attached single storey store. Within its large stone-walled courtyard is a fresh water well cut through the limestone and a circular stone water-tank which is partly underground.
Gray’s Store is part of a rural cultural landscape with numerous historic structures and few modern intrusions and together with the Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is a well – known landmark in this setting.
- Gray’s Store, McCartney Road, Greenough WA, Australia